changes in custom animation are removed by SpeechOver

Discussions of issues with creating and editing narration clips and speech-over operations in general

changes in custom animation are removed by SpeechOver

Postby joelh » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:48 am

I have the preferences to use the PowerPoint custom animation and I updated all the slides. The problem is, I change the sound files which is associated to a shape, grouping, etc. to be start with previous, so the animation and the speech talk together. If I save the presentation, everything is fine. If I edit the clip, It goes back to start after previous. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Joe
joelh
Site Admin

Re: changes in custom animation are removed by SpeechOver

Postby joelh » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:56 am

Joe

You have to use the Speech-Over setting for this behavior. The Speech Trigger setting on the animation tab of the Add/Edit Narration Clip handles this behavior. Its default is "Trigger After Visual", which triggers the speech after the visual animation has completed. If you want the speech and the visual animation to occur together, you need to set the Speech Trigger to "Trigger With Visual".

If you try to adjust the animation settings of the objects that Speech-Over controls directly in Custom Animation - and not in Speech-Over - then Speech-Over will override the settings you made with its own setting.

Joel
joelh
Site Admin

Re: changes in custom animation are removed by SpeechOver

Postby joelh » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:27 pm

You can change the behavior above in the SpeechOver Preferences, Animation tab.

Click the radio button: Animate shapes in the order they appear on the Custom Animation panel.

With this setting, the PowerPoint animations are not overridden by Speech-Over.

Joel
joelh
Site Admin

Return to speech-over operations